Over the years, Sports Therapy has progressed from treating ‘injured athletes’, to dealing with many common muscular complaints such as back pain, mobility problems, postural problems and work related conditions.
Barnstaple based Sports Therapist, Marc Kent, is trained to use the following tools to help identify and treat your specific problem:
- Postural Assessments: identifies any imbalances that may be causing (or likely to cause) musculo-skeletal problems. Using a variety of unique bodywork techniques combined with stretching and strengthening exercises, we can assist in improving your posture. Postural improvements can help with sporting performance and general health and wellbeing.
- Injury Treatments and Rehabilitation: once we have identified your problem, we will treat it with a combination of Electrotherapy equipment, such as Ultrasound and Interferential, and Manual Therapy.
- Sports Massage: this is used to help to keep muscles supple and toned. It helps to keep joints mobile and helps to improve sporting performance and flexibility. Pre-event sports massage can help to reduce the risk of injury from sprains, strains and muscle tears.
- Remedial Massage: sometimes wrongly classed as ‘deep tissue massage’, our remedial massage techniques are used to help alleviate muscular problems, and can assist with reduction of pain, increase range of movement in joints, and rid the muscles of scar tissue. Whiplash, repetitive strain injury and back pain are some of the problems successfully treated.
- Exercise Therapy: is used post injury for rehabilitation, to help improve performance and ensure your speedy return back to sport, exercise or activity. Once we have identified your problem, we will treat it with a combination of Electrotherapy equipment, such as Ultrasound and Interferential, and Manual Therapy.
Sports Therapy has also become widely used in the corporate world, as a way for companies to assess and treat many work related problems, such as back pain and what is commonly known as ‘repetitive strain injury’.
The benefits of the above treatments are amazing. We have seen fantastic results treating people with the following problems:
- Muscular aches and pains
- Digestive disorders
- Bad circulation
- Build up of bad toxins and impurities
- Deficit of natural feel good and pain-killing chemicals
Please contact me to make an appointment, if you have any questions or would like to book a FREE consultation to see how Sports Therapy could work for you.